Sunday, July 22, 2007

United Stremaing by Discovery Education

All I can say is "WOW!!". What an awesome tool for all homeschooling families.

I have heard many folks from the WTM Boards talk about United Streaming, but I haven't ever checked it out until today. I signed up for the 30 day free trial (no risk involved), and the first thing my children and I watched was a video on Insects Life Cycle.

I then checked out a few video's on Colonial Life. It was amazing. There are so many to choose from. I found some great ones I am going to share with our summer co-op (Time Travelers Colonial Life), families over the next couple of weeks.

I saw videos for Magic School Bus, Arthur, Shasta Dam, and one on a Tofu Factory. If you're looking for a great way to supplement any study, this site will help you! *Ü*

The post below is from Homeschool Buyers Co-op click on "What's New" and scroll down until you see this message. I sure hope Homeschool Buyers Co-op will be able to work out a good deal for all homeschooling families. This is one program I want for my family.


--- Coming Soon - United Streaming by Discovery Education -----------

We are excited to announce that the Co-op is in serious negotiations with Discovery Education to offer their premier educational video streaming service -- United Streaming -- to members at Group Buy pricing. If you are not familiar with United Streaming, you really need to check it out. Although widely available to schools, homeschoolers currently have to pay $199 for a one year license. We can't give you details yet, but we think you'll be pleased with the offer.

You can check it out now by signing up for a free 30 day trial account and take it for a spin. You will need the latest Flash Player plugin. Discovery doesn't ask for your credit card info, so there's no danger of you being charged at the end of the trial period. By then, we'll have the deal all figured out, and you'll be ready to go!

As before, please don't contact United Streaming directly about this upcoming Group Buy. As the details unfold, we will keep you informed in the weekly Member Newsletter and in the Group Buy section of our website.

No comments: