- Top left shows our Art Curriculum, Atelier. This will be a course she will take at our co-op, which I just so happen to be teaching. *Ü*
- Top right is our Language curriculum, Growing With Grammar. I used this for the first time last year and feel in love with it. It is easy to implement, but still well grounded so the kids learn AND retain the information. Holly used First Language Lessons for grades 1 & 2. I think she will enjoy this curriculum too. I did get the chance to look at FLL level 3, and I created a thread about it. Click here to read it: First Language Lessons Level 3.
- Bottom left is our science, Apologia Zoology 1: Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day. I am really looking forward to using this this year. We will be participating in a co-op with 5 other families. The kids are really looking forward to doing this one, not only because of the topic, but because of where it will be held. LOL *Ü* Silly kids...
- Bottom Right is her math, A BEKA. It is a tried and true math program. This is one curriculum I have never switched from for the elementary years. But with saying that... I am switching Timmy into Teaching Textbooks for 5th grade. But I would do make that switch with any of the younger years. Just my personal preference.
- (L) For history, we (ok I) decided to deter from our original plan (MOH) and go with, Time Travelers Cd's from Homeschool in the Woods. To start with, we will use New World Explorers, then jump (since we did Colonial Life this summer) to American Revolution, and by then hopefully they will have something else out by then. If not, we will just do one of their Hands-On History Activity Paks.
- (R) And for copywork, we will be using History Scribes CopyBooks. They are loaded with all sorts of topics, from horses, to birds, pets, flowers, etc. Each book is enough for 1 month worth of copywork. We purchased their vacation combo and have 30+ book to choose from. The kids have already chosen their topics and are looking forward to starting.
Holly will also be taking a class at co-op titled: Build-A-Body Basic Anatomy. She will be learning all about her body & nutrition, do hands on experiments, and more. She will also do Home Economics with our family. For this we will be using, Home Economics for Home Schoolers from Pearables. She will also take a sewing class at a friends house. For reading, she will be using Pathway Readers and Hooked on Phonics, as well as other books she will choose to read on her own. We will also be doing a few lapbooks over the year as well. Holly really wants to do the Horses Lapbook from Hands of a Child. I would love to add in music, and may do that further into the year.
Now for the break down:
Math: A Beka
Language: Growing with Grammar & History Scribe Copybooks
History: Time Travelers Cd's
Reading: Hooked on Phonics and Pathway Readers
Science: Apologia Zoology 1 & Build-A-Body Basic Anatomy
Electives: Home Economics for Home Schoolers & Sewing Class