Sunday, October 21, 2007

YUMMY Chicken Salad


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Yesterday I made my mom's yummy chicken salad. With each bite I take I love this salad more and more.

After church I had some errands to run and my thoughts, my hopes, my dreams... were to come home and enjoy a dish of chicken salad. But... Greg ate all of it this morning and left me with less than a teaspoon. His response, "I wanted to save the last bite for you." I was so sadden... Now I am back to making another batch of chicken salad and figuring out a way to hide it in the frig.

Here is the recipe if you would like to make some YUMMY Chicken Salad for your family:

Chicken Salad

2 1/2 cups diced cooked chicken
2 chopped unpeeled red apples
1 cup diced celery
1/2 cup toasted almonds or sunflower seeds
2/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tsp grated onion
1/4 cup light cream or sour cream
2 tsp lemon juice

Mix mayonnaise, grated onion, light cream or sour cream and lemon juice. Add other ingredients. Salt and pepper to taste.

In the past I have added bacon bits to it. I omit the celery. Greg doesn't like it... Hey, maybe I SHOULD added some to the next batch I make. LOL